Register for BIG Ideas (transformgov.org/big-ideas) and receive free access to this event!
“The opioid epidemic knows no boundaries. It has cut through communities of all sizes and families of all socio-economic backgrounds”.
- Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue, October 2017 in Successful Farming.
Whether it’s through our larger community or family and friends, the opioid crisis is affecting us all, to a devastating effect. Setting the stage for a provocative conversation at the Alliance’s BIG Ideas 2018 in Austin, TX, we will share emerging ways local governments can address the needs of their residents and the effects of the epidemic on local economies, workforce development, and healthcare systems. These presentations will provide valuable information for your community’s opioid fight, whether or not you are attending BIG Ideas Oct 26-28.
Join our panelists on Thursday, October 11, to hear about the crisis from a variety of perspectives
- “Quantifying How Much the Opioid Epidemic Costs Governments” by Joe Roualdes, Head of Communications & Research with Opengov;
- Hear from Sgt. Tony Winstead about the new initiative First Step, recently launched in the Town of Mount Pleasant, SC and “led by Mount Pleasant officers and victims’ advocates who work to connect opioid users and their families with wraparound recovery services after an overdose;”
- And Jeffrey Stocker, a Healthcare Specialist with NIC's RxGov regarding data transparency and working within the current healthcare system.
Have a few questions about the session? Contact Ryan Spillers, Program Coordinator at email@example.com. There will also be a short Q&A during the live session.
- October 11, 2018
- 01:00 pm 02:00 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 10/11/2018
- Member Price:$49.00