Rebecca Ryan will lead an important discussion about the movie with a focus on local government’s role in spreading democracy and mitigating discrimination among its citizens.
Have you seen the movie The Social Dilemma?
- If you HAVE seen it, let's talk about it.
- If you HAVE NOT seen it, consider this a kick in the pants to do it! (Yes, it requires a Netflix username and password.)
Resident Futurist and Human Sparkplug (that’s a thing!) Rebecca Ryan will lead the AFI community in important discussions about the movie with a focus on local government’s role in spreading democracy and mitigating discrimination among its citizens.
What you can expect to talk about?
· What should we be thinking about and doing differently to help mitigate some of the disparate impacts that are inherently built into artificial intelligence for our citizens?
· How can local government professionals adjust what we are doing to combat biased algorithms and make sure information is getting to as many citizens as possible in a factual manner?
· Given all of the negative aspects of social media, should local gov be supporting these platforms? What other path can we take to engage our communities?
- January 19, 2021
- 12:00 pm 01:00 pm CT
- Registration Deadline: 01/19/2021
- Member Price:$0.00