What is Resilient Jeffco?
Resilient Jeffco is a program that promotes innovation, collaboration, and efficiency in terms of how employees approach their work and how Jefferson County delivers services to the community.
Why was the Resilient Jeffco Program Started?
Jefferson County is a great place to live, work, and play. To ensure the county stays this way, the Resilient Jeffco program was started in the interest of providing excellent services for residents to thrive. As a government entity, we must be good, proactive stewards of our resources and find the most effective ways to serve our communities. This means creating systems of government that can change and adapt quickly to new and more efficient ways of doing business.
We have seen first-hand the effects of an economic downturn, natural disaster, changing demographics, a growing population, and TABOR on the services we deliver and are able to provide to the community.
Vision – What We Aspire To.
One Jefferson County that continuously adapts and thrives in the era of disruption and changing demands for services.
Desired Outcomes – What We Work to Achieve.
- Challenge the status quo and promote creativity, innovation, and thoughtful risk-taking at all levels of the organization
- Bring new approaches and perspectives to Jefferson County functions and service delivery
- Engage the community in a conversation to help define resident needs and expectations
- Ensure the fiscal sustainability of Jefferson County
What We’re Doing Today.
- Promoting employee engagement, ownership, and excitement
- Asking questions such as, “How can you do things differently” and “How can you collaborate with other entities outside and within Jeffco?”
- Leveraging resilient approaches already present within the organization by sharing success stories, such as:
- Public Engagement – Jeffco Website Relaunch
- Clerk and Recorder – Online Vehicle Registration Fee Estimator
- Building Safety – Online Permitting
- Selecting a process improvement pilot project
- Identifying ways of systematically embedding and promoting resilience
- Enhancing the budget development process
Testing/developing employee idea submittal platform
Blog post courtesy of Marlin McDaniel, Resiliency Program Manager, Jefferson County, CO