Think you can put together a team from your region to work on:
- Focused Fundraising
- Fabulous Conference Festivities
- Impelling Innovation Tours
- Engaging Exercise Events
- Inspired Publicity and Communications
- Creative and Considerate Volunteers
If so you should submit a proposal to host the Transforming Local Government Conference in your community.
WHO WILL ATTEND?
TLG will attract roughly 600 key professionals in local government from across the US and Canada. Decision makers such as City/County Managers, Assistant Managers, Department Heads, Support Staff and Elected/Appointed Officials typically attend this conference.
HOST COMMUNITY BENEFIT:
Partnering with the Alliance for Innovation to host TLG will bring a national spotlight to your jurisdiction. Local government professionals from across the US and Canada will travel to attend TLG and experience your city/county during the conference. You will have the opportunity to display innovative programs during the daily Innovation Tours and present your jurisdiction as a progressive government.
Hosting TLG also brings significant financial benefit to your community. Close to 600 attendees (and their guests) will purchase hotel room nights, food, and shop in your jurisdiction over the course of the four day conference. Additionally, host communities in the past have utilized TLG to showcase their area as a future family vacation destination.
HOW WE CHOOSE:
A committee of Alliance Staff and Board Members will review bids and select the host community on the following criteria:
- Ability to raise at least $75,000 in conference sponsorships via hired fund raiser or by committee.
- Commitment level of host community leadership and staff availability to support TLG
- Attractiveness of the conference location as a desired travel destination
- Attractiveness of the conference location as an innovative city/county
- Meeting and hotel venues:
- Proximity of host hotel to the meeting space
- Hotel and meeting space accommodations for the business traveler
- Bonus points will be given to host communities partnering with:
- Local government state associations to sponsor or co-host
- Multiple jurisdictions or local institutions (universities, foundations, business partners, etc.)
Contact Brandi Allen at email@example.com for more information.