What do you get when a crisis quickly hits your organization and threatens to harm people or property, seriously interrupts operations, damages your reputation, or negatively impacts your organization? The answer is chaos.
This is why a solid, planned-out crisis communication plan is key for your organization. Advance preparation permits a local government to be proactive instead of reactive and allows you to employ customized methods and strategies during those chaotic times.
This new complimentary e-book, Building Resilient Communities During Disruptive Change -- Part 1: Crisis Communications, looks at ways to develop sound crisis communication practices to help citizens and local government personnel understand and deal with dangerous situations in a timely and prudent manner. It covers:
- A walk through of an effective crisis response plan, including situational analysis, audience identification, communications response, message development, and suggested tools.
- How to work with elected officials during a crisis.
- Tips on how to expand capabilities with no- or low-cost alternatives.
- How to mobilize your crisis plan for improved emergency response.
- Plans, processes, and protocols that have been successfully implemented in other communities.
- Why waiting for a crisis to define your personal and leadership values or instill a good work ethic in your organization is a recipe for disaster.
Download the new Ebook, today!
This e-book is available to members for free download as a member benefit. Become a member to receive exclusive resources.