City of Evanston water customers can now monitor their utility accounts and water usage in real time using a new free tool, Neptune IQ.
The cloud-based, online data management and reporting service allows water customers to view their daily water consumption in context with weather data, find out how much water was used during a particular day or time period, calculate their “daily water budget,” and even set up an email notification if the tool detects a leak or backflow problem.
Issues like a “running” toilet can waste more than 200 gallons of water a day, and cost customers up to $60 on their monthly bills. The Neptune IQ service can help customers identify such leaks.
There is no fee to use the service; all customers need is access to the Internet and an email address.
To sign up for the Neptune IQ Water Usage Management Tool, customers should:
1. Visit cityofevanston.org/ebill/login.asp and have a copy of their most recent utility bill handy.
2. Click on “Neptune Water Usage Management.”
3. Click on “First Time User? Please register here.” Note: Everyone will be a first-time user; other Utilities emails/passwords will not work.
4. Follow steps 1 and 2.
5. Wait for an email confirmation. Then click on the link in the email to begin.
6. Customers who need assistance can click the “help” button in the upper right corner, which will guide them through the screens.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents can simply dial 3-1-1 in Evanston.