Each year during the annual Transforming Local Government (TLG) conference, the Alliance for Innovation honors innovation in local government, whether big, small, incremental or disruptive. AFI is excited to announce the 2020 Innovation Award winners who are demonstrating positive community and organizational impact, quantum leaps in creativity, and tangible results toward building antifragile communities.
AFI received over 100 nominations for the Innovation Awards. Recipients of Outstanding Achievement in Local Government Innovation include:
- City of Charlotte, NC – Housing Location Scoring Tool
- City of Grand Rapids, MI – Autonomous Vehicle (AVGR) May Mobility Prototype Initiative
- Placer County, CA – Placer County Community Development Agency (CDRA) eServices: A Virtual Public Counter
- City of Boulder, CO – Community Connectors: A Co-Designed Model of Inclusive Engagement
- City of Montgomery, OH – How to Create a Welcoming Community with Diversity & Inclusion
- City of Palo Alto, CA – Robotics in Libraries
- City of Virginia Beach, VA – Camp 911
- Jefferson County, CO – Getting from How? To Wow! Building a Culture of Innovation
- Village of Bayside, WI – myBlue
- City of Greeley, CO – G-Town Promise: Community Capitalism and Collaboration
- Manatee County, FL – Innovating without Aggravating: Breaking Down Barriers within Manatee County’s Capital Improvements Planning Process
AFI presents these prestigious awards to member organizations each year to further encourage innovation and recognize excellence and transformation in local government. Nominations for the 2021 Awards will open in late Summer 2020. Visit www.transformgov.org to watch for information about the award nominations and to receive email updates.
About Alliance for Innovation
Alliance for Innovation is a movement focused on transforming local governments. We are committed to helping organizations build a path to sustainable innovation and transformation. Our Members embrace change, enjoy continuous learning, and value peer-to-peer knowledge exchange. Together, we form a collaborative network of local governments working together to learn, grow and elevate communities.