- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Salary: $135,000 - $145,000. +/- DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 12,959
- Website: http://www.easthamptonct.gov
- Where: 20 East High Street East Hampton, CT 06424
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: May 10 2019
Deadline: Jun 3 2019
Town Manager, East Hampton, CT (13,000), East Hampton, Connecticut is located 22 miles south of the state capital of Hartford and is equidistant from Boston and New York. The Town is known for its rich history, environmental assets, and small-town charm. The Town strives to preserve its rural-suburban character, farmlands, watershed land, and historic structures by taking a long-term view. Enriching the quality of life, respecting the Town’s heritage, and building a strong community are among its highest priorities.
East Hampton is a full-service community. Services include Administration and Finance, Fire and Police, Health and Human Services and Regulatory services. The Town operates under a Council/Manager form of government with seven partisan elected officials serving without compensation for two-year terms. All Town Council members are elected on the same cycle. The Board of Finance is comprised of seven partisan members who serve on staggered two-year terms.
The Town has a professional staff of 62.5 full time employees and a budget of about $15M. The remainder of the municipal budget is dedicated to Education in the amount of $30M. The Town Manager’s Budget is submitted to the Board of Finance, Town Council and then to a public referendum for final approval. There are three Town collective bargaining units.
The position requirements are summarized as follows:
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in political science, business administration or related field.
• Five years of experience as a Manager or Assistant in a local government is highly desired.
• Extensive knowledge of municipal operations and general practices, including current developments and innovations relevant to local government. Strong finance and human resources skills are required. Knowledge and skill related to Economic Development, Labor Relations and Water Utilities are highly desired.
• A strong customer service orientation and significant career success in building collaborative, effective relationships across departments.
• Experience in strategic planning, project management and complex problem solving with the ability to work effectively in a wide variety of governmental disciplines.
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing and through social media.
The starting salary is $135,000 to $145,000 +/- DOQ, with excellent benefits. Submit résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by June 3, 2019 online to Joellen J. Cademartori, CEO, GovHR USA, LLC – www.GovHRjobs.com. Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to Joellen J. Cademartori, CEO, GovHR USA at 847-380-3238.
The Town of East Hampton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.