- Job Function: Human Services Director; Personnel Director
- Salary: $80,895 - $105,550.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 23,493
- Website: http://www.pelhamalabama.gov/
- Where: 3162 Pelham Parkway, Pelham, AL 35124
- Form of Government: Mayor-Council
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Mar 14 2019
Send resume and cover letter to Candy Porter: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Pelham, Alabama is growing, and we are seeking an outstanding leader to serve as Director of Human Resources. We strongly believe our people make the difference, and the Director of Human Resources serves as a key member of the senior management team with responsibility for overseeing the human resource functions of the city. We are looking for a true consultant with experience coaching others to realize their full potential. We are also seeking a leader who is strategic and will act as a business partner to the mayor, city manager and department heads to help determine and achieve goals as they relate to employees, culture and productivity.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are certainly not limited to the following:
• Recruitment & selection
• Compensation & payroll
• Employee classification
• Workers’ compensation
• Adherence to EEO, FMLA and ADA and the Pelham Civil Service Law
• Policy development and implementation
• Records retention
• Budget preparation & expenditure review and approval
• Occupational safety
• Strategic planning
• Culture creation, care and feeding
• Engagement planning and guidance
• Help becoming the employer of choice in local government
1. Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Management, Public Administration or a related field?
2. Have at least 5 years’ experience in human resources in a supervisory or management position overseeing staff delivering compensation and benefits, employee training and organizational development or other HR generalist responsibilities?
3. Have some of the preferred qualifications..Master’s Degree, Professional Certification (IPMA-HR) and/or experience in local government leadership?
4. Want to work hard, lead smart, help shape the future and have the chance to work with some pretty great people AND have fun?
The salary range for the position is $80,895 to $105,550. It is expected the individual will start within this range depending on qualifications and experience. The city also offers an excellent healthcare and dental benefits package and is a part of the Retirement Systems of Alabama. In addition, all Pelham City employees receive a free membership to Pelham’s new Recreation Center and did we mention the chance to work with a great group of people?