- Job Function: Other; Non-Department Head
- Salary: $57,975 - $79,713.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 250,000
- Website: http://www.chandleraz.org/
- Where: PO Box 4008, Mail Stop 605n, Chandler, AZ
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 4 2019
Deadline: Feb 25 2019
For consideration, please apply on-line at www.chandleraz.gov/jobs by 2/25/2019.
The City of Chandler is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the full-time position of COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST in the Mayor and Council Office.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to facilitate communication between residents and members of the City Council, City Manager's Office, and City departments. This is accomplished by using email, phone, social media, and digital communication platforms to communicate information. This employee also uses customer relations management software and social media management software to identify, respond, and track issues. This employee will research and gather responses to resident and City Council requests, draft speeches, emails and social media posts, write articles, and create presentations, and represent the City and elected officials.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public or Business Administration or related field; and
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible and related experience in researching and analyzing data, responding to citizen/customer requests and/or program management; including at least one (1) year of social media management experience; and
• Valid Arizona Driver's License with acceptable driving record; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Previous experience with customer relations management software.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation.