- Job Function: Other; Non-Department Head; Project Manager
- Salary: $86,943.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 30,961
- Website: http://www.ci.douglasville.ga.us
- Where: 6695 Church Street, Douglasville, GA 30134
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: May 13 2019
The person in this salaried non-appointed position is responsible for coordination, inspection, oversight, testing and record-keeping on a variety of construction projects. This individual is also responsible for monitoring the scope, schedule and budget of transportation projects to ensure compliance with construction documents and specifications. This position coordinates extensively with contractors, county staff and occasionally outside project design consultants in connection with the projects’ construction. The person in this position must be able to read and interpret plans and be familiar with the Georgia DOT specifications, project bidding and contracting requirements. The individual must also be familiar with federal, state and local regulations and requirements applicable to federally funded and local transportation construction projects. This position is classified as essential and may require after- hours work for maintenance or emergency issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provides engineering review of site plans and development plans
• Reviews commercial, industrial, and residential subdivision plans and site plans; maintains related records; and assist in administering the plan review process
• Assists with field engineering and surveying to gather data and establish surveying controls for construction projects
• Assists with construction inspections for compliance with approved plans and construction standards, specifications and intent of design
• Occasionally performs construction management for projects including preparation of estimates, details and bid forms as needed for quotes and bids; assists in the awarding process
• Examines surveys for authenticity when submitted in connection with license applications
• Supports the Public Services Department with inspecting and approving street repairs after utility installations
• Guidelines include city codes, zoning ordinances, subdivision ordinances, state and federal environmental regulations, professional engineering practices and other relevant state and federal regulations. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application
• Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major field of study in civil engineering, civil engineering technology, construction management or related discipline. Minimum five to seven years of related relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of principles of surveying, roadway and drainage system design, construction cost estimating and construction management
• Knowledge of city zoning and development regulations
• Knowledge of zoning and annexation procedures
• Knowledge of computers and job related software
• Skill in identifying problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Skill in the preparation of clear and precise administrative reports and in oral and written communication
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a valid driver’s license. Requires a Georgia professional engineer license.