- Job Function: Information Services Director
- Salary: $112,887 - $163,686. A salary/compensatoin study is currently underway
- Position Type: Full Time
- Website: http://ritaohio.com
- Where: 10107 Brecksville Road, Brecksville, Ohio 44141
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: May 1 2019
Deadline: May 27 2019
To be considered for this exceptional career opportunity, please submit electronically a persuasive cover letter explaining why you feel you are a good candidate for the position, a resume, salary history and four professional references (references will not be contacted without prior permission) no later than May 27, 2019 to: Clark Wurzberger The Mercer Group, Inc. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Tel. (530) 637-4559 (Pacific Time) • Fax (650) 240-3933 Submission Deadline is: May 27, 2019 RITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Chief Information Officer
Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA)
RITA (Regional Income Tax Agency) invites your interest in the position of Chief Information Officer (CIO). RITA is a municipal taxation and collection agency currently serving over 300 member municipalities located throughout the State of Ohio (more than 50% of Ohio’s cities and villages). The agency’s administrative headquarters is located in Brecksville within the Cleveland Metropolitan area and is represented by regional offices in the cities of Worthington, Youngstown, Cleveland heights and Mentor.
RITA is seeking an accomplished information technology professional to provide leadership to the information services department of this high performing statewide municipal tax agency. The CIO directs the day-to-day functions of RITA’s Information Services Department and is responsible for the systems development, information processing, computer operations, networking and communications functions of the agency. Reporting to RITA’s Executive Director, the CIO will administer a 2019 operating budget of over $9 million. The position directly supervises and evaluates the work of the Manager for IT Operations/Security and the Manager for IS Development, and 31 department employees and contractors. In addition to planning and directing the business operations of the department, the CIO coordinates with other departments of the agency in support of RITA’s business strategy to ensure business and information services alignment and achievement of goals. Please view a comprehensive brochure at: www.mercergroupinc.com.
The successful candidate will bring a strong set of executive management skills in information services, technology and operations to the position, with at least seven (7) years of management experience within a comparable public or private sector organization. Previous information management experience in tax administration/collection or municipal finance is considered a plus. A four year degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology or a closely related field is required and a graduate degree is preferred. Current certification and/or training in information systems or computer programming is also preferred.
The salary range is $112,887 - $163,686 (a salary/compensation study is currently underway); the starting salary appointment may be made anywhere within the range, depending upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. RITA is a member of OPERS. Based upon the employee’s salary, the agency contributes 14% and the employee contributes 10% for a total contribution of 24%. The pension provides 2.2% of your final average salary for each of the first 35 years of service and 2.5% for each year or portion thereof, for service over 35 years. Employees may retire at 25 years with reduced benefits. This pension benefit does carryover to all recognized public employment in the State of Ohio. A comprehensive health plan is provided. Elective Deferred Compensation and Flexible Account plans, both employee paid, are offered.