- Job Function: Assistant to Manager/CAO
- Salary: $64,000 - $73,000. +/- DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 4,389
- Website: http://www.bayside-wi.gov
- Where: 9075 N Regent Road Bayside, WI 53217
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Mar 11 2019
Deadline: Apr 10 2019
Assistant Village Manager, Bayside, WI (pop. 4,400). Tucked along the western shores of Lake Michigan, Bayside is an attractive, suburban community with beautiful neighborhoods and a small-town feel. Bayside is ten miles north of downtown Milwaukee. The Village seeks public management professionals with strong communication and leadership skills as candidates for its next Assistant Village Manager.
Incorporated in 1953, Bayside is 2.39 square miles. More than 80% of property in the Village is zoned residential, with the remaining set aside for nature conservancy, commercial, and recreational use. The Village has no industrial or manufacturing uses.
The Village is a full-service municipality and prides itself on providing excellent customer service. The Assistant Village Manager will be an integral part of the management team, providing leadership, strategic direction and administrative oversight for the Village’s organization in support of the Village Manager. In addition, the Assistant Village Manager (AVM) also coordinates the administrative activities of the public works department.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess a passion for public service;
• Be adept at combining a hands-on management style with strong leadership, and an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders;
• Be an exceptional communicator;
• Be a creative and critical thinker willing to innovate; and
• Be comfortable working in a high-expectation, high-service delivery environment.
Candidates should also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, political science or related fields. An MPA is highly desired; and
• Have at least three years of progressive responsibilities in a municipality or similar organization; or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The hiring salary range is $64,000 - $73,000 +/- DOQ, with a six-month review offering potential salary growth tied to goal achievement and skill assessment. The Village offers a competitive benefit package. The Assistant Village Manager reports to the Village Manager. Candidates should apply by April 10, 2019 with cover letter, resume, and contact information for five professional references. Apply online to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The Village of Bayside is an Equal Opportunity Employer.