- Job Function: Deputy Chief Administrative Officer
- Salary: $125,000. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 115,452
- Website: http://www.accgov.com
- Where: 301 College Avenue, Athens, GA 30601
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 5 2019
Deadline: Feb 28 2019
To apply, complete our online application at www.accgov.com/jobs. You may attach your resume, cover letter and any other supporting materials to the online application. Please do not forward a resume in lieu of the application. First review of applications begins on February 18, 2019
The Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County, GA seeks candidates for the position of Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager performs leadership, administrative, and managerial functions associated with the overall day-to-day operations of the Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County. This position is responsible for strategic planning, forecasting and assisting with creating, reviewing, evaluating and clarifying policies and procedures on a variety of organizational issues. The position is involved in assisting with operating and capital budget preparation, monitoring and execution. In addition, the position is assigned a variety of operating departments and will be involved in preparing reports, coordinating projects with Department Directors, and responding to inquiries by Elected or Appointed Officials on various issues.
Characteristics and traits that are essential to the success of the Assistant Manager include:
- Able to understand and successfully manage an organization with many complex and interrelated moving parts;
- Able to serve as a visionary for assigned staff with the ability to take reasoned risks, while employing creative and innovative thinking to forge solutions;
- Possess a service-oriented approach to public service;
- Able to collaborate and be comfortable in developing shared solutions;
- Possess strong analytical skills and able to think and act strategically while considering all aspects of an issue before making a decision;
- Able to be strong, enthusiastic and respectful when presenting ideas to others;
- Able to be a self-starter, people person and team builder who sets an example for others;
- Must understand the role of Assistant Manager, Manager, and Mayor & Commission within the context of the Charter and Code of Ordinances of ACCGOV;
- Able to be fair in approach to decision making, yet firm in the application of policies, rules, and laws;
- Must possess the ability to manage with confidence and "present the good news with the bad," doing what is right, even in the face of adversity;
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing leadership and conditions within Athens-Clarke County when warranted;
- Must be capable of developing and maintaining good public relations with citizens, community groups, ACCGOV staff, and elected officials.
Bachelor's Degree in Public/Business Administration or a related field with a minimum of five years of experience managing operations and projects similar to those typically associated with local government functions and responsibilities required or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Local government management experience and five years local government supervisory experience in a medium sized jurisdiction required.
Valid Driver's License required.
Master's Degree preferred.
Final candidates must successfully pass the pre-employment process that includes a thorough background investigation of employment, educational history, driving history, criminal history, and credit history.