- Job Function: Assistant to Manager/CAO; Other; Non-Department Head
- Salary: $65,516 - $74,725. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 34,451
- Website: http://oakcreekwi.org
- Where: 8040 S. 6th St, Oak Creek, WI 53154
- Form of Government: Mayor-Council
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Apr 15 2019
Deadline: May 15 2019
Oak Creek, WI (pop. 35,739). GovHR USA is pleased to announce the recruitment and selection process for an Assistant Comptroller for the City of Oak Creek, Wisconsin. A vibrant suburban community, Oak Creek is located along the western shore of Lake Michigan and borders the City of Milwaukee to the south. The City is a dynamic regional leader and a driving force of the south shore line. Residents enjoy Oak Creek’s balance of suburban and rural atmosphere, taking advantage of urban-style city services and abundant recreation outlets, coupled with easy accessibility to the larger metro area’s recreational and cultural activities. Oak Creek is one of the fastest growing cities in Milwaukee County. Since 2000, the City’s population grew over 25 percent, and substantial growth is projected into the future.
The Mayor, Common Council and City staff have an established culture of professionalism and respect for the others’ role in the organization. The organization is dedicated to providing high-quality services that positively impact Oak Creek residents, businesses, and visitors. The City is seeking a candidate that is excited to participate in the advancement of Oak Creek’s Strategic Action Plan while bringing a positive and energized attitude into a collaborative work environment.
The City provides a full range of municipal services including police and fire protection, parks, public works operations, building inspection and zoning control, water and sewer utilities, and general administrative services. All City departments report to, and are accountable to, the City Administrator with the exception of those defined by state statutes to report to another individual or entity.
Oak Creek’s Assistant Comptroller is the assistant to the chief financial officer (Assistant City Administrator/Comptroller) for the City, responsible for work involving the maintenance of financial and statistical records; management of computerized accounting records; auditing and accounting duties; and assisting in the proper administration of the financial affairs and fiscal records of the City. The Assistant Comptroller must utilize high levels of independent judgment when developing, coordinating and administering complex financial systems.
The City’s budgets total around $63 million, including a $25 million general fund. The City’s equalized value exceeds $3 billion and has a bond rating of AA2.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a minimum 3 years’ experience in a financial capacity with significant understanding of municipal operations including TID’s, audit process, and managerial reporting;
• Have a strong understanding of financial analysis, budgeting, accounting and the ability to assist in the management of the City’s overall financial operations.
Ideal Candidates will also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance.
• Knowledge of Wisconsin finance laws and regulatory oversite as a plus.
• Advanced experience working with an automated financial management system.
The starting salary range is $65,516 – 74,725 DOQ.
Candidates should immediately apply online with a cover letter, resume and contact information for five professional references. Document submission deadline is May 15, 2019. Electronic Submissions are required.
The City of Oak Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE CITY
For a quick tour and overview of the City, please check out this link.